From the Recipe File of Susan Egelseer
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park
Americus, GA 31709
(229) 931-0122 or (888) 758-4749
2 1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray ¼ cup muffin tin with cooking spray (or use liners).
2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, chips, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium bowl mix cheese with eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Whisk in milk and vanilla until blended.
4. Fold cheese mixture and oil into flour mixture until just blended.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
6. Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from pans immediately and cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 18 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes