From the Recipe File of Susan Egelseer
Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
504 Rees Park
Americus, GA 31709
(229) 931-0122 or (888) 758-4749
1-1/2 cups melted butter
1-3/4 cups brown sugar
2-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
grated rind from one orange
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups mashed ripe bananas soaked in 1 cup strong black coffee
1 cup each raisins and chopped walnuts
1. Grease two loaf pans.
2. Beat together ingredients melted butter, brown sugar, 4 eggs, vanilla, almond extract and grated orange rind, adding eggs one at a time.
3. Then add flour, salt, baking soda, powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
4. Add banana mixture alternately to butter mixture. Mix gently.
5. Then add nuts and raisins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.